Ph.D. Student, Mechanical Engineering
Sam grew up surrounded by rain and rivers, and has since nurtured a lifelong interest in fluids, math and physics. Since joining the TESLa group he has studied turbulent combustion through conditional statistics and is driven by the desire to understand and predict fluid motion in all contexts.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder, anticipated 2020
- B.A. Physics, Carleton College, 2011
Conditional analysis of turbulent combustion, intermittency and analysis of structures within flame surfaces.
- Whitman, S., Hamlington, P., & Poludnenko, A. (2017). Intermittency in Turbulent Premixed Hydrogen-Air Flames. 10th U.S. National Combustion Meeting, College Park, M.D.
- T.A., Dynamics, Spring 2017
- T.A., Fluid Mechanics, Fall 2016
- Tutor, Math Skills Center, 2008-2011